The Student News Site of St. Charles East High School, 1020 Dunham Road, St. Charles, Illinois 60174

The X-RAY

The X-RAY

The X-RAY

Story Idea Form

Propose a Story Idea

Know someone who does something cool or artistic? Someone making an impact in our community? Someone wiith a story to tell? A topic you believe is in need of coverage? Submit these things so we can provide recognition for our students and issues in our community. We want to cover student voices and relevant stories, and we value your insight in doing so!

Ultimate Frisbee Team Soars at Neuqua Knockout Tournament

(Left to Right) Brody Murray, Gavin Connolly, Jacob Solano, Dom Rotella, Henry Provencher, Ben Nawa and Max Nawa celebrate wins on first day of Neuqua tournament. Photo courtesy of @stceultimate on Instagram.

East’s Ultimate Frisbee team has had an eventful 2024 season.

The team is led by seniors Henry Provencher and Max Nawa and advised by Carissa Bedi and Christopher Stewart. Although it is considered a club at East, Ultimate is a seven-on-seven non-contact sport. Points are earned by catching a disc in the endzone while at least one foot is also in.

Ultimate Frisbee was invented in 1968, but was introduced to East just eight years ago.

“2016 was the inaugural season,” said Stewart. Then Junior, Jake O’Hara, asked to start a team, and I loved Ultimate, so I agreed.”

Leading off the season with a scrimmage win against the Geneva Vikings, scoring 12-6, sent the Fighting Saints on a winning streak.

During the annual Neuqua Valley Knockout, from May 4 -5, the team earned a second place finish, the highest placing the team has seen at the event.

Saints hold a current record of 9-2. The team heads to Geneva for the Dukane Conference Game on May 18. They will head to state on May 24 at a location to be determined.

For future game schedules and updates, you can find the Ultimate Frisbee team on Instagram at @stceultimate.