The Student News Site of St. Charles East High School, 1020 Dunham Road, St. Charles, Illinois 60174

The X-RAY

The X-RAY

The X-RAY

Story Idea Form

Propose a Story Idea

Know someone who does something cool or artistic? Someone making an impact in our community? Someone wiith a story to tell? A topic you believe is in need of coverage? Submit these things so we can provide recognition for our students and issues in our community. We want to cover student voices and relevant stories, and we value your insight in doing so!

East X-ray Presents: NFL Opening Weekend Roundup

Alex Cirpinski reports on weekend highlights

As the school year unfolds, the NFL season has officially kicked off. Here’s a recap of the standout performances, critical adjustments and game-turning events of the matches on September 12th.

Cowboys’ Stellar Defense and Offensive Depth

The Cowboys were on fire this weekend. Their defense and special team took the spotlight, notably with a blocked field goal attempt return for a touchdown by Noah Igbinoghene. The offense was no slouch either, playing an error-free game. With Tony Pollard making a notable return from injury and KeVontae Turpin contributing significantly, the Cowboys demonstrated a deep and effective offense. 

A New Era in Green Bay and Hill’s Record-Breaking Game

Jordan Love’s debut for the Packers was nothing short of memorable. Displaying incredible composure, Love led the Packers to dominate the Bears, heralding a new era for Green Bay. Aaron Jones left a mark with a 35-yard touchdown catch, setting the stage for the Packers’ success. 

However, in another electrifying match, Tyreek Hill took the limelight. Hill’s remarkable performance marked his third career game with 200 or more receiving yards and two or more receiving touchdowns, setting a new Super Bowl era record. This performance cements Hill’s place as one of the NFL’s most dynamic playmakers.

Falcons’ Second-Half Surge and Tua’s Record-Setting Day

Two standout rookie talents, Tyler Allgeier and Bijan Robinson, brought fresh energy to the Falcons. Critical adjustments made in the second half, under the guidance of Head Coach Arthur Smith, turned the tide in their favor. Smith’s leadership and strategy proved vital in their recent success. 

In the same vein, Tua Tagovailoa’s record-breaking 466 passing yards against the Chargers are now etched in the history books. Not only is it the highest passing yardage against Los Angeles, but it also ranks third for a week one game in the Super Bowl era.

Giants’ Embarrassed at Home After Opening Week Blowout

There was a palpable sense of hope for the Giants, but the Cowboys’ standout performance left many Giants fans disappointed. Accepting responsibility for the team’s shortcomings, Head Coach Brian Daboll discussed early setbacks and the urgency of improvement. Daniel Jones, Saquon Barkley, and Darren Waller all emphasized the importance of team accountability, learning from the loss and rallying together. 

The NFL season has started with thrilling performances, nail-biting games and moments that will be remembered for years. As teams rally, refine and rise, many students at St. Charles East High School will be watching and cheering. Stay tuned into The X-Ray for more updates and in-depth analysis throughout the season.