The Student News Site of St. Charles East High School, 1020 Dunham Road, St. Charles, Illinois 60174

The X-RAY

The X-RAY

The X-RAY

Welcome to The X-Ray Newspaper!

Changing to become better every year!
2023-2024 East X-ray editors pose for a photo! From left to right: Sophia Smallwood (Sr.), Evan Luxton (Soph.), Lauren Voigt (Soph.), Andrea Woods (Jr.), Brynn Copp (Jr.), Nia Cocroft (Sr.), Nishi Patel (Sr.) Not pictured: Yzabelle De Luna (Jr.) Photo courtesy of Nishi Patel

With the 2023-2024 school year kickstarting on August 14, various things seem to be changing: early release every Wednesday, and early homecoming. But what about X-Ray, the school newspaper?

Mrs. Leslie Ladowski, the previous X-Ray advisor of seven years, retired last May. This year, Mrs. Amanda Hayes is advising the newspaper alongside Mr. Jacob Stewart. We also welcomed new section editors to the staff: Lauren Voigt and Ava Brucal for News, Yzabelle De Luna for Graphics, Evan Luxton for Entertainment, Brynn Copp for Features and Aundrea Woods for Sports. The returning Editors-in-Chief for the year are Nia Cocroft and Sophia Smallwood. And, at last, X-ray’s new Managing Editor is Nishi Patel. But, that’s not all that’s changed about the newspaper!

Hey Saints, did you know we have new weekly polls on our website? Here’s the website, so you never miss the chance to cast your vote! You can also submit your own poll ideas at the bottom of our homepage on https://eastxray.com

The website will also now contain new digital stories, as the print issue becomes a quarterly publication instead of a monthly publication. Does that mean less stories? Never! The East X-Ray staff is committed to covering a wide range of stories about East and its wonderful students, faculty and staff. New stories will be published on the website every two weeks. The information for these can also be found on the Orange and Black!

With the new administration, the print issue is also undergoing new changes! The print issue is moving from 8 pages to 12 pages. That means more stories and, our newest addition, a fun GAME section! The X-Ray now has a whole page dedicated to crosswords, word searches, etc. The print issue expects a makeover with more colors, graphics and highlights with all sports, academic teams and clubs.

An important question: Have you ever felt like there were things that should’ve been covered in our newspaper that weren’t recognized? Don’t stress because the X-Ray website now has a question box where you can submit ideas for new stories. Just scroll the the bottom of our site. If you know someone artistic, or musical, or has made an impact in our community, you can submit their name to be interviewed for a story for our Features section. In addition, if you believe there is a topic that needs to be covered about school or community, submit them to the question box. We believe in student voices and relevant stories. We value your input!

If you’re interested in becoming a staff writer, photographer or graphic designer for The X-Ray Newspaper, we meet every Monday in room B215 at 2:35 PM. We welcome everyone of all experiences. Remember to check us out at https://eastxray.com and @STCEXray on Instagram.